Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Proverbs 31 Wife - Week Seven



Question #7: Sara talks about the softness factor - when she's kind to her husband, he seems to return the kindness to her.  Has this been your experience? Why or why not?

I think this is true for any relationship.  If you are testy towards people one of two things is most likely to happen.  They will be testy back or they will avoid you like the plague.  If I'm to be perfectly honest, this isn't always the case in my marriage.  But let me caution you!  We should be kind to our husbands, even if we don't think they "deserve" it, because that's what we're called to do.  That being said.....

Sometimes, I am not so nice.  My husband would have every right to yell back or avoid me but he doesn't.  If anything he's nicer to me in most cases.  Which in turn has the effect of calming me down....usually.  But I have to say that I have one of the most laid back kinda guys on the planet.  You might think that is a great thing, and most of the time it is, but every now and then I would like him to get fired up about something.  But I digress!

It is true that when I make an effort around the house, and have dinner ready for him (or even when I don't) and I greet him warmly when he comes home, he is then very nice to me.  And I don't do it just to get him to be nice to me.  I do it for many reasons.  Because I love him, because God calls me to, and because he has a very stressful job and I don't need to make home stressful for him too.  

Yes we can go through stress even if we are stay at home moms, but we don't need to take out that stress on others.  Is it easy....of course not....is any of this easy?!  But it will reward you as well as him to have a little more of the softness factor.  Give it a shot and see what happens!

Until Next Time.....
Franny

No comments:

Post a Comment