pic from Google images
Guest post this week is really more of a mini Bible study. I hope you can make the time to do it. The world would be pretty awesome if we were all, myself included, a little more kind. Enjoy!
Until Next Time.....
Fruit of the Spirit is Kindness
By Dr. Richard J. Krejcir
Is Kindness working in you?
Here is how you can find out. Take a careful look at this Fruit of Kindness from God's most precious Word. Examine the passages below and ask yourself:1. How do I exhibit kindness in my daily life?
2. What can I do to develop more of a kindness attitude?
3. What blocks the practice of kindness in my life? How can I make kindness function better, stronger, and faster, even in times of uncertainty and stress?
4. How can I make Kindness function better, stronger, and faster, even in times of uncertainty and stress?
Kindness (Rom. 2:1-4; 12:9-21; Ephesians 4:32; Col. 3:12-14; 1 John 3:16-23) is the medium through which Christ's love becomes tangible through us. It is practicing benevolence and a loving attitude towards others. Kindness is the essence that shows the world that we are a Christian, like the fragrance coming from a flower. It is being convicted with God's Word, and then modeling it to others. Kindness is the subject to the object of who we are in Christ!
Cruelty, spitefulness, being mean, and holding grudges are the opposites. This can include seeking to harm someone, being cruel and rude, or just ignoring people you do not like. God created us for relationships, and when we ignore this, we fail in the most important aspect in life besides our relationship in Him!
· Here are positive examples from Scripture (Gen. 39:21-23; Josh. 2:4-16; Ruth 2:8-16; 3:15; Luke 7:2-6; Acts 24:23; 27:3, 43)
· Here are negative examples from Scripture (Gen. 21:9-14; 37:12-36; Ex. 5:6-18; Luke 22:64; John 19:3)
- How would you define Kindness? Notice how Joseph's brothers were cruel to him, yet a jailer, who was a stranger, was kind!
- What are the things that cause you to be cruel or rude?
- How does rudeness counteract kindness?
- Boaz had no obligation, outside of tradition, to help Ruth, yet He did. Why did he (Ruth 2:8-16; 3:15)?
- When have you most been filled with kindness?
- In what situation did you fail to have kindness when you should have?
- What issue is in your life that would improve with more kindness?
- Think through the steps you need to take to put kindness into action in a specific situation. How about learning to drive without rage when someone cuts you off, or spending more time helping someone you do not like, or not letting your circumstances get in the way of being kind to strangers, even if you are in a hurry?
Remember the Fruits of the Spirit are not what we do when we have the time or feel like it, they are what we are to do--period!
© 2002 R. J. Krejcir Into Thy Word Ministries http://www.intothyword.com/