Saturday, September 3, 2011

Onion Soup Mix Alternative







3/4 cup dried minced onion
1/3 cup beef flavored instant bouillon (or chicken)
4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. celery salt
1/4 tsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. white pepper


Mix all ingredients together well. 
Stir before each use. 
Five tablespoons of the mix equals 1.25-oz. pkg. of purchased dry onion soup mix.

Someone gave me this recipe awhile back and is a great alternative if you are concerned with the amount of sodium in the prepackaged kind.  And of course, if you have these items on hand, or even if you plan to use this a lot, you'll save money on making your own!

Until Next Time.....
Franny

2 comments:

  1. It would be really nice to have a "print recipe" button. Wouldn't waste paper and ink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree....but this blog is fairly low tech. In other words I don't know how. When I print recipes for friends I just copy and paste what I need into a word processing document. Sorry for the inconvenience.

      Delete