Monday, July 9, 2012

1 Year to an Organized Life July Week One



This week you can:

  • update your address book
  • choose the right address book format for your lifestyle
  • understand why it's often difficult to keep your contacts current
I found this picture doing a google image search.  It is tied to a craft site where you can learn to make this address book yourself.  Then there are also parts of kits you can buy called Sarabinders with which you can also make your own book.  But then I found just the address book for me.  I have been looking for over a month knowing that this was coming up.  I really like the ones that the Hallmark  store carries, but I wasn't crazy about any of the designs that were available.  I found a Hallmark one I kind of liked on ebay but didn't want the closing strap thingy on the outside.  Believe it or not, I found one at Staples office supply store.  Like the Hallmark ones, it comes with some stickers that you can place over an entry when someone moves that way you can write in their new address without having to cross everything out....which is what my old address book looks like!  This new one also has a section for each month where you can write down anniversaries and birthdays...much needed to remember when to send a card!

You may not want a print address book, so many people are doing everything on their computer now. I just can't get away from print.  Plus, I have seen too many computer crashes even with "backup" where people have lost everything or most everything and had to do a ton of work to get things back.  Just isn't for me, but it might be for you.  Either way, I bet we both have little scraps of paper and envelopes with return addresses that we keep meaning to put in our book but just haven't.  Now is the time.  Then, like everything else we have learned, next time do it right away.  Only one or two addresses take less than five minutes to write in!  Let's not leave them piling up; do it while it is in your hand!  Remember the one touch rule!

We also need to set aside a little time this week and clean out electronic phone numbers and addresses.  Just yesterday I was looking for a person on my phone and saw 3 phone numbers of people who have passed away.  Like Regina says on page 173, if we don't make room for today, yesterday will fill all corners of our home, inside and out.  It's time for me to let them go.  I'm going to do the electronic stuff right now.

Until Next Time.....
Franny

No comments:

Post a Comment