Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Princess Unaware Week One



Week One: Crawling Out of the Mudhole; The Princess recognizes the traps and snares

I love this Bible study by Brenda Garrison!  I hope you have gotten your copy and are following along; you'll get much more out of it that way!  I love how the beginning of every chapter shows tells us a part of a "Fairy Tale".

This week, we look at why we stumble, that Satan wants us to miss out on God's plan, and begin our Princess training.  Two of the main reasons we stumble, as stated in this chapter, are because we are not sure who we are and because we don't know or are not completely sure, WHOSE we are.  Yet if we DO know whose we are, how well do you know who God is?  Ah, another stumbling block.

And of course one of the biggest problems we have: Satan wants us to miss out on God's plan!  Satan has a lot of tools on his workbench to build this particular stumbling block, but his favorite and most used and effective tool is discouragement.  Once we are discouraged, so many other things fall apart.  We are then tired and give in, we believe lies, we don't have the will to fight, and of course, we wonder what the point is.  This tool of his is all that he needs sometimes to bring down more people than the flu of 1918!  Of course he also uses fear, perfectionism, and procrastination.

There is one other mudhole that I'm pretty sure is made of quicksand, and I feel like I am seeing more and more of lately.  It's the "poor, pitiful me, I'm trying so hard but I just can't do it" attitude.  A lot of these people do not want to do or to get better.  There are many reasons for this; laziness, liking the attention, or maybe actual "I'm not sure what else to do".  This is a dangerous, dangerous place to hang out.  Think about it.  Have you ever been there or know someone who has?  The person STATES that they want better, but they don't actually DO anything to get better, and no matter how many ways you point out to them to get on the right track, there is always a reason why they can't.  What happens more often than not, is that people give up and quit trying to pull the person out of that particular mudhole and walk on.

So you need to ask yourself; are you ready for some Princess training?  It won't be easy, and it won't always be fun, but it most definitely will be worth it!  Grab your copy of the book, read along and do the questions as your training, and then live it out daily. This first week of questions was so good!  Brenda walks you through basic truths so well!  I learned stuff about myself that surprised me, you know those kind of things that are right there below the surface that you just can't put your finger on.  Light bulbs were turning on left and right! For example, do I want to get well?  Yes, I do, but I want it to be easy!  And, "Perfectionism doesn't strive to be more like God but to be the best above everyone." (p.34)  OUCH!!  I learned that I'm focused on small, unimportant details and not the big picture.

Won't you join me on this journey?   Come on, Princesses, we can do this!!  Who's with me??

Until Next Time.....
Franny

No comments:

Post a Comment