From Consumed to Courageous
Things I learned this week:
- make the courageous choice not to be consumed by food
- we might have to get to a place where our lack of strength disgusts us
- we are to be made new in the attitude of our minds
- a choice can be many things - a privilege, an opportunity, a blessing or a responsibility
- there are changes that a scale can't measure
- issues with weight are signs that we need to get unstuck from unhealthy habits
on page 170 of the book, Lysa tells us:
Even when we stand on the scale and see our goal weight staring back at us, we're always one choice away from reversing all the progress we've made. I'm not saying victory isn't possible. But victory isn't a place we arrive at and then relax. Victory is when we pick something healthy over something not beneficial for us. And we maintain our victories with each choice.
This paragraph, for me, is the perfect way to end this study. How many times have we made a change and gotten to where we wanted to be to only forget about all of it and end up back at the beginning? I don't ever want to start over again! How about you?