Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Treasure Tuesday - Tonic Workout DVDs



As you know, I have arthritis and FM.  Those of you who have that or similar diseases know that it is important that we exercise, but finding that fine line between enough and too much is sometimes very difficult.  It has taken me a couple years, but I have learned that, at least for me, I cannot do more than 30 minutes of moderate exercise a day.  There are some days that I can't get through 30 minutes at full steam, but at least I have learned to not try to go over that.  These DVDs fit into my plan perfectly!!

There are 3 in the series so far....I hope they make more!  Step Tonic is for use with a step, obviously.  The really cool thing about all of these is the many ways you can modify them to work for your body.  For example, if you don't have a step, or haven't built up that much stamina, you can do it without the step just do kind of a march movement when they step.  There is also a person who does a lower intensity version, and someone who does a higher intensity.  These DVDs are perfect for all types of exercisers!

At first, I didn't think I was going to be able to do this as there are a few lunges and squats and I've got a bad knee.  It's a very simple fix...don't go as low as they do!  Some days I can go down a few inches and come days it looks like I'm barley moving, but the point is I am moving!

Dance Tonic teaches dance moves then puts them all together at the end.  All the videos follow the same format.  Warm up, then 4 blocks where you learn step moves broken down very simply and then also "power" moves or a little bit of strength training, and then a finale where you put it all together. On each DVD there are 2 sets of these for a total of 60 minutes.  If you are having a bad day, maybe you only do the warm up and one of the blocks.  And then if you are having a great day, you could do both sets of videos for an hour long workout.  Most days I'm exhausted by the finale....but not so bad that I can't do anything else the rest of the day like used to happen when I've tried to do too much.

Sculpt Tonic follows the same kind of format, only you use small hand weights.  I wish everyone I know would try one of these.  Working out can be so boring, but this makes it fun, and they way it is taught, by breaking down each move, anyone can pick it up.  You may not get it the first time, or even the fourth, but you will get it!

I bought mine from Amazon, but here is the link to the Tonic Fit website to get a better description.

Until Next Time.....
Franny

No comments:

Post a Comment