Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Proverbs 31 Wife - Week Forty



myproverbs31life.com


Question #40:  In what ways is your relationship with God an influence on your life as a Proverbs 31 wife?

Wow, shouldn't it be in every way?!  Yes, it should, but what is the reality?  Hmmmm.

Well, if I am to be an imitator of Christ, then I wouldn't be a nag, or a hindrance, or a manipulator, or spend all the money on shoes, etc.  If I want to live like Christ, I will treat my husband as I am told to do in the Bible.  I will also treat money Biblically, and have a work ethic according to Colossians 3:23; do everything you do as if working for God not for man.  If I have a relationship with God that is true and not just a mask that I put on for others, all other relationships, including and especially the one with my husband, will fall into place.  Now, I don't mean it will be perfect and with out bumps in the road, I mean my wants and wishes for the relationship will fall into line with the will of God.  Will I still screw up along the way?  Of course I will, I am human.  That doesn't mean I will screw up on purpose, but it does mean I will learn from my mistakes and keep improving with time.

The short answer: If I want what God wants, then I want to be the Proverbs 31 wife and will do whatever I can to be a Biblical wife.  This will not happen overnight, and some days I will feel like a complete failure.  But I will pick up every day and keep trying.  

How have you been doing?  Remember that any improvement or lesson learned is valuable!  For example, when I do the laundry, there is a place in my laundry room to hang things as soon as I take them out of the dryer.  I have always left my husband's clothes here and he was supposed to take them to his side of the closet and hang them up.  He got into the habit of going to the laundry room to dress and left all his clothes there.  It got to the point that almost all of his closet was hanging in there and it made me mad that I had to keep saying something.  Recently I was thinking about it and just started hanging his clothes up in the closet for him.  I was taking my clothes to the same place, so why not carry his along?  Yes, this does mean a couple extra trips, but I'm trying to get 10,000 steps a day anyway!  He works hard and he was just trying to make a shortcut for himself.  I'm the one who has more time so why not do it for him?  So that's what I've been doing.  If he has noticed he hasn't said anything, but that doesn't matter.  Remember, we are working for God and what is right, not for recognition.

I know it's only a baby step, but any improvement is still improvement!  Good luck in your journey, and I hope you will join us for the next Bible study!

Until Next Time.....
Franny

No comments:

Post a Comment