Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Proverbs 31 Wife - Week Thirty Nine



myproverbs31life.com

Question #39:  What Parts of the book made you think about your own life as a wife?  What are things you do well?  What are things you'd like to do better?

Of course, the entire book made me think about my role as wife, but probably the most influential part was when Sara learned that having a job outside the home isn't always what it's cracked up to be.  I struggled with that one more than anything myself, so to hear her talk about it made me see things differently and also made me feel a whole lot better about how I thought about my situation.  I understand that some people don't have a choice, but when you really think about it and pray about it and look at your finances but don't forget to consider the actual COSTS of working, you might find that staying home is worth it.  I may not be able to stay home for much longer financially, but this one year has been so helpful in so many ways!!  Not only for my health, but for my family, the work I've been able to do in the home organizationally speaking, but most of all the time I've had to spend with God everyday.  I have grown so much in the past year!!  I wouldn't trade that for a million dollars!

What do I do well?  I am a pretty good cook, I budget well, and organize.  And with my year off those things have only improved.  If I have to go back to work I don't think it would be as bad as it was before...at least I hope not.

What would I like to do better?  I'm still not as good as I want to be when it comes to my husband.  I can still snip at him sometimes.  It has improved and I'm thankful for that, but I still lose my patience with him sometimes.  I wish I didn't ever, but I have my doubts that will happen!  I hope he thinks I've gotten better.  I might actually get the nerve to ask him.  Wonder what he will say....

So how about you?  Where has this journey taken you?  What have you learned?  I'd love to hear from you.  There is only one week left for this study and I'm kind of sad it's over.  I hope I never forget what I've learned and I hope I continue to improve over the years.

Until Next Time.....
Franny

No comments:

Post a Comment