Monday, November 12, 2012

1 Week to an Organized Life - November Week Three



This week you can:


  • create your to-do list and shopping list
  • design your menu
  • try the menu provided in the chapter from a professional chef
It's just about go time!  Now for the final planning.  We have two lists to make this week.  A to-do list of everything left to do in your home, and a shopping list for the meal itself.  Your to do list might include specific cleaning, decorating, choosing serving dishes and borrowing if needed, etc.

Then we create the shopping list...I actually like this part!  Decide what's for dinner and then see what is already in your pantry and what you will need to purchase.  THEN, grab the grocery ads or look them up online to be sure you get the best deal out there.

When deciding on your menu, don't forget to consider how each item will be cooked.  I like for everything to come together at the same time and be fresh and warm, to do this I use a variety of recipes that use the stovetop, microwave, crock pot and oven.  If you are the kind that can make things ahead of time and warm things up right before the meal, you can have a greater variety.  I wanted to do one of my roasted Brussel Sprouts recipes, but since they mostly take 45 minutes and I only have one oven, I don't think I'll be able to since there will be a revolt at my house if I don't have a certain kind of oven baked rolls!

The rest of the chapter gives you party planning ideas, a menu from a professional chef and other ideas such as delegating.  For example, I could have someone else bring the rolls already baked, then I could do the sprouts!

Here are some links to recipes that I have used for Thanksgiving...I hope you enjoy!!


and there are many more on the blog...

Until Next TIme.....
Franny

No comments:

Post a Comment