Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Do you have a Kroger near you?

If you shop at Kroger, or even if you don't usually, here's a great way to save a little money.

Until September 7th, when you buy a gift card there you get 4x the bonus points.  For every 100 bonus points you earn, you get 10 cents off per gallon of gas in a one time fill up of up to 35 gallons (I think it's 35).  You can also use these points at most Shell stations by scanning your Kroger card before you fill up.

I'm going to early buy a few gift cards for Christmas (although last year, Kroger ran this promotion before Christmas too)  Another thought is, if you buy stuff on itunes or Amazon anyway, buy a gift card at Kroger to get your gas points then use the gift card for yourself.

Last week, my husband and I bought a Shell gift card, so not only could we earn gas points, we could use them at Shell (on our trip) and make that gift card go even further.  You could do the same with a Kroger gift card if you plan to buy your gas there as well.

More bonus points....you get extra points for filling prescriptions there.  My insurance offers me a lower rate if I mail order a 90 day supply of my meds.  Kroger accepts that mail order price, but fills it in the store.  Not only do I save on the cheaper co-pay for my Rx, I also earn extra gas points.

And they also double coupons up to 50 cents every day.

Let's face it, in this economy, every little bit helps.  And if I'm getting my groceries, meds and gas all in one place, I'm already saving time and money by not driving all over.  In one month alone, For just two people and only one of whom takes and Rx meds, and we really don't buy a ton of groceries, I saved $108.04 with couponsand "Mega Sales" and about $24 on gas. That's $132.04 a month.  That's $1584.48 a year!!  Add that to your crock pot savings per year (see a previous post) and you just paid for a beach vacation.

Think about it.

Until Next Time.....The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. Proverbs 1:7
Franny

No comments:

Post a Comment