Monday, September 19, 2011

No Cleanser Cleaning

Who hates cleaning the bathroom?  (wow, did you just hear all the shoulders popping from a million arms shooting up in the air?!)  Yeah me too!  I use mineral makeup, looks better, but soooo messy.  I also use a lot of hairspray.  Yes, I am a big fan of the 80's.  For years I have had to clean the sink top more than once with different cleansers....and sometimes a chisel....to get all of that hairspray off.  Not anymore.

I didn't believe this either when I just read it, but then I tried it.  The best way....easiest, quickest, practically free, chemical free...to clean the bathroom is simply a microfiber cloth and water.  No kidding!  You've got to try it.  Simply get your microfiber rag wet and wring it out really good.  Wipe down the area.  You could let it air dry, but I am still working on my OCD and dry with a lint free towel or another microfiber cloth.  Not a speck of makeup or hairspray left behind.  It works in the shower too.

All this time and money I have wasted getting the bathrooms cleaned, OY!  I got my microfiber cloths in the dollar bin at Staples, too!!  I have a couple nicer ones from Tupperware and Pampered Chef (www.pamperedchef.biz/chefpenny), but I use my $1 ones for the daily stuff.

One note on taking care of your microfiber....DON'T use fabric softener when cleaning them.  I don't know why exactly, but the fabric softener takes away from it's cleaning abilities.  I'm not sure why, but I'm sure it has something to do with oxygen (ha!).  That's why I bought a bunch of them, plus I use a steam mop that uses microfiber pads, so then I can have one small load of microfiber stuff in the washer minus the Downy freshness!

Until Next Time.....
Franny

1 comment:

  1. Well, I went to clean the bathroom last night and remembered reading this about the microfiber clothes. To be honest, I was skeptical, but I went and found a cloth and tried it out. One word: AMAZING! I couldn't believe how the hairspray residue disappeared. It had to have cut my cleaning time in half - so simple! Thanks Frugal Franny! Keep the tips coming!

    ReplyDelete