Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Proverbs 31 Wife - Week Eleven





Question #11: Have you ever done anything out of your element?  What was it and how did you feel after you did it?

I have done a lot of things out of my element this year....retired, volunteered for things at church, went to a retirement at the Pentagon, but most of all....THIS!  That's right not only am I blogging which I never thought I would do, but I'm putting my marriage out there for all to see.  I'm telling perfect strangers about the mistakes I've made to hopefully help them avoid those things.  That's one reason anyway.  Mostly it's to keep me accountable, because yes, while most of you are strangers and it would be easy to say I do everything right and so should you, I really want to be honest about this to improve my marriage.  Not that it is bad, I just believe that there is always room for improvement.  If there weren't we'd already be in Heaven!

How does it feel?  Some weeks are better than others, let me tell you!  I didn't feel very good about myself the week I told you about saying not very nice things to my husband, BUT it made me more aware of what I say.  But while I'm being perfectly honest, I'll say that it felt pretty good to see when I was doing something right....or at least better than I used to.

So, a new year is coming up.  How 'bout you do something out of your element?!  Pick something and go for it!!  Then come back and tell us how it went.

Until Next Time.....
Franny

No comments:

Post a Comment