Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Proverbs 31 Wife - Week Twelve



Question #12: Who is a woman you admire and compare to the Proverbs 31 wife?

This one was hard for me because I don't know a woman who is like that for a wife for sure.  We never know what goes on behind closed doors.  (that was a song wasn't it?)  My first thought though is of Connie B.

Connie is someone I used to work with.  She was in a supervisory position and was "in charge" of all the middle school and high school libraries in a VERY large county.  I think we had 77 schools all together.  Just like in any group of people you've got whiners, slackers, and the very needy along with the ones who work very hard.  Connie was worked to death.  She started her day early and it wasn't uncommon for you to get an email from her time stamped at 10 or 11 at night.  She always did what she said she was going to and in the 5 years I got to work for her, she never once said one bad thing about anyone that I ever heard.  Even when she had a perfect opportunity to tell someone off or to complain, she never did.  She would always try to put a positive spin on things and to see the silver lining in any situation.  She didn't try to avoid those trying types of people, if they needed her she was there for them just as much as anyone else.

I know she has been married for years and years and goes to church regularly, but I've only seen her interact with her husband once.  I know someone who is friends with her family though and once again have heard only good.  Given her attitude in a cut throat world of schools and budget cuts, I bet she's a great wife and mother.  Anyone who can put up with what she does on a daily basis with a smile and a word of encouragement for everyone has to be a good person!

Connie influenced me more than she knows during those 5 years.  I used to get upset over every little thing that went wrong or that I couldn't control.  Her example helped me to calm down....a little.

I would love to hear about the influence on your life.  Please leave a comment and tell us about her!

Until Next Time.....
Franny

No comments:

Post a Comment