This 1 lb box of baking soda is only $1.00 at Wal-Mart. Have you found any cheaper?
The days of having one cleanser for each task in the home is gone! We've got to save money...and the time of going to get each one for each task....and then who wants to store all of that? Now, I'll be perfectly honest, I still buy a couple different cleansers, but if you REALLY want to be Frugal, get some baking soda and microfiber cloths and you can do a lot. Here are just a few ideas, I bet you have even more and I would love to hear about them! Post here or on the FB page.
- sprinkle in you garbage can for odor elimination....this goes for litter boxes, the fridge, the freezer, etc
- sprinkle on carpets, then vacuum...picks up odor and some dirt
- makes a good scouring powder, just a little water added makes a paste
- bee and hornet stings! make a little paste with water and put on sting immediately. you can actually watch the poison being drawn out....I speak from experience here!
- cleans toilets....just sprinkle some in and use a brush
- sprinkle on grease spills on stove....it will absorb then you can wipe away
- in the coffee pot sprinkle some in, add ice cubes and swirl. it will scrub off the brown stains
- dry skin? put some in your bath water and soak.
- 1/2 c baking soda plus 1/2 cup vinegar cleans out a garbage disposal. when done fizzing pour a pot of boiling water down. only for metal pipes!
- sprinkle some on your mattress while you're washing the sheets. if you sprinkle thin you can leave it, otherwise vacuum up before making the bed
- baked on residue on pots and pans? sprinkle some in, add a little detergent and hot water. let sit then wash.
- for tarnished silver: 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water, rub with clean cloth
- mop with it for shiny floor. 1/2 c in clean hot water, mop and rinse.
- make a bathroom scrub: 1/4 c baking soda, 1 T liquid detergent...add a touch of vinegar to give it a creamy texture.
- wash produce: sprinkle some on a damp sponge and rub
- soak brushes and combs with sink full of warm water and 1 T baking soda
- before you store outdoor furniture, sprinkle this under the cushions
- put some on a damp brush to clean the grill
- add 1 cup to laundry for cleaner and brighter clothes
- sprinkle in the bottom of the hamper!
These are just a very few ideas! You can go to http://www.armandhammer.com/ and there is a little search box at the top where you can put in your problem and they'll tell you how to fix it! There are a lot of ideas all over their site as well.
Until Next Time.....