Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Proverbs 31 Wife - Week Nine




Question #9: Are there areas of your life you find yourself being selfish about? What are they?

Are you kidding me?  Now I really think it's time to call this experiment off!!  Yikes.  Well, a promise is a promise. *deep Breath*  here goes.....

Uh, yeah!  I am very selfish.  I want what I want when I want it.  And I think if we were all to be honest you would all agree.  NOT that we act it out....but it's what we want.  So what am I actually selfish about?  Here are a couple things.....

I have a bag of Chex Mix Muddy Buddies in the cabinet.  I do not let my husband have any!  They were kind of expensive and I shouldn't have bought them in the first place....although I did get them with a doubled coupon!  The bag is pretty small too.  My husband could eat the whole thing in one sitting.  This isn't something I would usually buy and I got it as a treat for myself.  I'm NOT sharing!  Now he loves peanut butter and the gracious thing to do would be to share with him when I get a few bites out.  I did that once.  I gave him a handful.  I get one handful and eat them one piece at a time and enjoy them.  He knocked back the whole fistful in less than a second.  No more for him!

The other area where I tend to be selfish is watching TV.  As you know I have some pain and fatigue issues, so once I'm worn out for the evening, I sit in my recliner with my feet up and scan the DVR.  I want to watch what I want to watch.  I love the channel Investigation Discovery....true crime!  Yeah, I don't know why but I do.  My husband, not so much.  He wants to watch things like Top Shot or anything to do with guns and their making.  He also likes, well, manly kind of shows....not sports so much, but Gold Rush, River Monsters, fishing shows....stuff like that.  I'm stuck in my chair for the evening so I want to pick.  And more often than not, he lets me.  That is starting to get to me.  He works hard all day long and he deserves a treat.  So we have gotten better at "it's your turn to pick a show".  But I still would rather watch my stuff!

I bet I do other things without even thinking about it.  My goal this week will be to be more observant of myself.  Where am I thinking of myself first?  Picking the best piece of pizza first?  Do I take up all the hot water?  Do I leave something for him like food or drink that's almost out, etc. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving....am I giving thanks for my husband or am I taking his good nature for granted?  There's something to think about!  Let's try to do better....who's with me?!?!?!!!!!

Until Next Time.....
Franny

No comments:

Post a Comment