Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Made to Crave Week 3



From Guilt to Peace

Here are some things I learned from this week.....
  • we were made for more than this
  • being ruled by something other than God diminishes our commitment to Him
  • if you feel convicted, you probably shouldn't eat it
  • do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food
  • food is the energy we need to serve God
  • weight loss goal is Peace, not a number on the scale
  • the number on the scale says how much my body weighs, it is not an indicator of my worth
  • be self-controlled with food choices, but don't give up if you make a mistake or feel like it's too hard
  • the best exercise is the one you'll do
  • don't focus on what I can't do - work with what I CAN do
On page 82 in the book, Lysa Says: 
The Body God has given me is good.  It's not perfect nor will it ever be.  I still have cellulite, I still have tankles.  And though I eat healthy, there are no guarantees - I'm just as susceptible as the next gal to cancer or some other disease.  But my body is a gift, a good gift for which I'm thankful.
You know, we spend an awful lot of time complaining about ourselves.  My butt is too big, my chest is too small, I jiggle all over, I wish my teeth were whiter, I wish my hair were longer and fuller, etc, etc.  How often do we focus on what's right with it?

I have legs that work pretty well, so I can walk.  I have arms that work pretty well, so I can lift.  I have eyes that work pretty well, so I can see. I have a GI system that works pretty well, so I can eat normally and eliminate waste normally.  It may not seem like much, but it really is and we take it for granted.  My neighbor hasn't eaten in probably 6 years due to horrible cancer that was in her mouth, neck and jaw.  My uncle Bill didn't have one of his legs.  And I knew a guy growing up who had 2 pinchers instead of hands and lower arms.  When you look at it like that, there is a whole lot RIGHT with my body, and I should be a lot more thankful for it....and I should take full advantage of my capabilities.

I know it isn't always easy.  Just last week I had a flare up and had to spend an entire day in my chair. But yesterday I was able to get 7000 steps in walking around the mall.  We have got to start focusing on the good and quit wallowing in the bad....that pretty much goes for everything in our lives, not just our battle with food and exercise.

I hope you're hanging in there...we are half way there!  You can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment