Thursday, January 10, 2013

Triceps Stability Ball Push Up





Rest the top of your feel/ankle area on top of a stability ball and be in a plank position....body completely straight in line.  Place your hands a little closer than shoulder width apart flat on the floor.  Bend your arms slowly and lower your body until your elbows are at a 90 degree angle then push back up.  Repeat 12 times.

Holy crap! I am seriously out of shape! I couldn't keep on the stability ball past one push up.  I had to modify this to where my feet were touching a door or wall to help me hold still so I could do the push ups.  Even with this little help your abs are still seriously engaged to keep your core steady on the ball.  Another two for one exercise!  I hope to get to the point quickly where I don't have to use the door to hold me steady.

This week you should do your one arm push ups and these.  Next week we will add another move.  For next week you will need either 5 pound or 8 pound set of hand weights and the stability ball again.

Don't give up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment