Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Proverbs 31 Wife - Week Fifteen



Question 15: Sara wonders what she's made for her family that adds value.  What do you have or what have you created that brings value?  Do you like to scrapbook or sew or cook special meals?  How are these things blessings to your family?

I'm not very creative.  I have made some scrapbook pages, and a couple of things that I have framed, and I like to make my own greeting cards....but I copy!  I see a cute idea and I'll recreate it, or the framed things were my friend's idea and we both made them, and most of my scrapbook pages are from a kit.  When it comes to arts and crafts, I am no good on my own!

I do like to make great meals for my family.  My husband loves my lasagna and the chocolate oatmeal pie you can find on the blog.  He likes my vegetable soup and chili and some other dishes I make.  He said the one thing he was looking forward to the most when I quit working was dinner!  I like to cook and I like to make him happy.  Other people like for me to cook for them too, which makes me feel good.  I have a neighbor that is always asking when I'm going to make "that chicken soup" again.  Sicilian chicken.  Sometimes I make it just to give them half.

This is going to sound really weird, but one thing that I do that my husband LOVES....is the way I fold his shirts!  He just lights up and says "how do you do that?" and he tells me how talented I am.  Shirt folding...talent....really?!??  You know how you go into a store and brand new shirts are perfectly folded into a rectangle?  I can do that with a flip of my fingers and wrists....no folding board necessary.  I worked at JC Penney near the end of my college career and I worked for a folding Nazi!  I hated doing it there, but now it's second nature....and apparently impressive.  I don't know that it falls into the creative category, but it is apparently a blessing to my husband, and it does make your drawers very neat!

So I bet you have blessed your family in ways you don't even know about.  Keep up the good work!

Until Next Time.....
Franny

No comments:

Post a Comment