Saturday, March 17, 2012

Accident Casserole


This is called accident casserole, because I was trying to make something else years ago when I realized I didn't have all of the ingredients, but I had already started.  So using what I had in the house, this is what it turned into.  It's great with any leftover meat, like chicken, turkey or ham....even pork.


1 16oz pkg frozen broccoli florets, thawed
2 cans cream of mushroom soup (one could be chicken)
2 soup cans of water
2 C uncooked minute rice (try the brown)
8oz Velveeta cubed (they have shredded now, and that's what I used last time)
2-3 C cooked chicken
12-14 townhouse or ritz crackers, crushed

preheat oven to 375
in large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together except crackers
place mixture in 3 qt casserole dish, it will be very full
cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes
remove foil, stir to get cheese all mixed in, and top with cracker crumbs
bake uncovered another 15-20 minutes
let stand 5 minutes before serving


Until Next Time.....
Franny

No comments:

Post a Comment